Bringing your own material to a Ford garage

Vragen omtrent onderhoud, onderdelen en herstelling kan je hier stellen.

Moderator: Beheerders

Bringing your own material to a Ford garage

Berichtdoor SchumiGr op do jun 23, 2022 14:30

Hello dear Ford drivers

It is my first post here, so I will briefly introduce myself. I am Chris, 36 yrs old, originally from Greece, now living in Maastricht, NL and driving a Ford Fiesta ST150. I opened up this thread to get some advice, coz I feel a bit lost (apologies if it is not in the correct category). I want to change oil in my Fiesta, however, no garage will do the job because I want to bring my own oil and filter and not buy from them. I understand that this is how some garages operate, but I have not managed to find anyone who accepts that. Do you have any recommendations for a garage (also in Belgium as long as it is not too far)?

Thanks and nice to be here!
SchumiGr

Word een Viking

Re: Bringing your own material to a Ford garage

Berichtdoor CdenBok2004 op vr jun 24, 2022 21:47

Why do you it not by yourself?
Ford Taunus 12M P4 (1962)
Ford Sierra 2.3 Ghia (1983)
Kaptein Mobylette av65/s35b (1961)
CdenBok2004

Berichtdoor S1 RST op za jun 25, 2022 12:51

Do you go to a restaurant taking your own potatoes, vegetables and meat and ask the chef to cook it for you?
Don’t think so, same with garages and taking your own parts. There are alternatives though, DIY garages where you can rent a lift and tools, although most also want you buying their oil and parts.
If just an oil change that can be done on your driveway surely
Life sucks...............Great dick
S1 RST

Berichtdoor SchumiGr op zo jun 26, 2022 19:52

CdenBok2004 schreef:Why do you it not by yourself?

Well, although I do know the process and have seen some videos on it, I would rather to have a professional doing it. However, it looks like I will have to do it - apparently that approach is not common here

S1 RST schreef:Do you go to a restaurant taking your own potatoes, vegetables and meat and ask the chef to cook it for you?
Don’t think so, same with garages and taking your own parts. There are alternatives though, DIY garages where you can rent a lift and tools, although most also want you buying their oil and parts.
If just an oil change that can be done on your driveway surely

Another garage told me this, IMO it is not the same thing. You go to a restaurant by choice, your body will be absolutely fine if you eat home-cooked food your entire life. You can also copy the recipe of the restaurant - cooking is common knowledge. On the other hand, I must take my car for an oil service every 10K kms. The clutch at some point will be worn out so I must also change it and so on...Since I cannot escape this, I believe I have at least the option to choose what materials will be going on my car and -with all due respect to the profession of a mechanic- most of them don‘t care much about the quality of the oil (specifically).

Anyway, I see that this is how the garages operate around here so I will have to adapt. It seems that it is time to try the DIY oil change :)

Thanks for your insights!
SchumiGr

Keer terug naar Technisch > Onderhoud & Onderdelen